Entries for the CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards are submitted from a wide range of organisations and sectors from across the world and we therefore select judges with knowledge and experience to reflect that. Selecting the right mix of judges is important to us. Procurement leaders are invited from a range of sectors based on their knowledge, expertise and skills, giving assurance to anyone who enters the awards that their submission is judged by the very best of our profession. To ensure we are transparent with our processes we wanted to provide you with more information about the role of our judges and the judging process itself.
Our judges will:
- Sign confidentiality agreements and not share or discuss information in the submissions with anyone outside of their judging team.
- Declare any conflicts of interest and will be removed from judging or viewing categories where these are identified.
- Draw on their knowledge and experience to assess entries in their given categories.
- Check all entries meet the correct category criteria and re-allocate into correct categories if necessary.
- Provide scores and written comments on all shortlisted entrants and award winners.
Further information about our awards process:
- Access to the entries and judging system is limited to our judges and the awards administration team only.
- Entries are open to both CIPS members and non-members.
- Sponsors are not permitted to enter or judge the CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards.