Nationwide Building Society
Procurement for Mutual Good
Nationwide is different, we’re a building society, a Mutual, committed to putting our mutual values at the heart of everything we do, including our procurement.
Procurement for Mutual Good is our programme to build a more diverse, more ethical, and greener supply chain.
- First major UK financial institution to introduce recycled cards
- Carbon neutral for scopes 1-2
- Modelled emissions for 3,000 procured services with Carbon Intelligence
- Embedding EcoVadis to cover 99% total spend
- Spent £10.7 million with 49 social enterprises since 2018
- Paying SMEs in 9 working days
- “Unseen” trained all colleagues to increase understanding of modern slavery