Lloyds Banking Group
Driving Supplier Manager capability in LBG to a Whole New Level
The initiative has helped the organisation:
- Keep pace with stakeholder expectation by deepening Supplier Management capability,
- Attract and retain Supplier Management talent by recognising role importance and demonstrating a willingness to invest, and
- Increase consistency in Supplier Management quality through a central programme leveraged across the Group.
The initiative included deployment of:
- A single job family for Supplier Management roles,
- Structured ‘Learning Journey Pathways’ that equip colleagues to progressively manage higher risk and more complex supplier relationships, and
- Sophisticated modular learning that includes new to role, essential practitioner knowledge, an Accelerated Development Programme (ADP), plus opportunity for external accreditation.